News 13 | The Brazilian Institute of Corporate Directors' Visit to Silicon Valley
On August 13-17, 2018, a delegation of directors and senior executives from Brazil visited Silicon Valley in a "Study Tour" organized by the Brazilian Institute of Corporate Directors (known as "IBGC" in Brazil).
On August 16, 2018, at KPMG's SF offices, Evan Epstein, Pacifica Global's Founder and Managing Partner, provided an overview of Silicon Valley's Startup Governance Trends to the Brazilian delegation. Some of the issues that were discussed included:
- Corporate Governance Framework for U.S. Venture-Backed Companies;
- Some Distinctions with Corporate Governance Framework for U.S. Public Companies; and
- Focus on three important topics for governance of venture-backed companies:
- The Late Stage “Unicorn” Phenomenon and its Governance Consequences
- Conflicts of Interests and “Dual Fiduciary Conflicts”
- Supermajority Voting Structures (Dual and Triple Class Share Structures)
Evan will expand on these issues, in addition to discussing the opportunities and challenges posed by blockchain technology to corporate governance, at the IBGC Annual Summit in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Oct 1-2, 2018. To learn about that program or register, please visit IBGC's 19th Annual Summit home page.
About Pacifica Global
Pacifica Global was founded in San Francisco to serve as the leading international advisory firm focused on corporate governance, anti-corruption, and shareholder rights issues. The mission of Pacifica Global is to help multinational public and private companies solve some of their most complex governance problems including cross-border regulatory and compliance challenges.